Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Add me if you think I'm good

Couple of days back, two of my friends ask me to heal heroic Violet Hold (my druid is dual-specced resto), so I says ok. One of them (a hunter) just hit 80 the day before that.

Group was ret pally friend, hunter friend, PUG mage and PUG warrior tank in 4/5 T7.25.

Warrior starts when hunter is still outside, ergo he is locked out. Hunter asks in channel for rescue, but as I am busy, he is only let in when somebody else opens the VH door. Hunter comes in in greens, blues, and two illegal epics, manages to overaggro once or twice in a couple of pulls.

Warrior (during the short break after second boss): "If you think my tanking is good, do add me to your friends list, and let me know so I can add you too."
As a sidenote, his tanking so far was so-so.

We come to the last boss. Cyanigosa has a couple of nasty abilities, including a Blizzard spell, and a frontal AoE breath attack that deals damage to all targets in a cone. Normally, when I tank her, I will always make sure to tell my party members to not stand behind me.
Said warrior picks up the boss, and the rest of the party quickly position themselves to the side or at the tail. When the boss used her magnetic pull ability, said warrior was not fast enough to build more threat, resulting in hunter getting melee'd two times. Said warrior then proceeded to turn the boss in order to avoid Blizzard, resulting in at least 3 other people, including yours truly, eating the breath attack. In addition, said warrior did this twice, resulting in the death of the ret pally.

It was only later that I learned through the chat in trade channel, that said warrior was a reject of an endgame raiding guild, apparently because he wasn't smart enough to master certain boss fights.

No, I don't think I'll be adding you to my friend's list anytime soon, or any other time in future, for that matter.

No comments: