Thursday, July 23, 2009

I think I am better than you

So my shaman is now level 62 :P. Was LFG for Ramparts yesterday when a warrior invited me. His gear was above average for a 61, some items with 24 stam socketed, a waste of cash, but hey, if you have cash to burn, why not, right? There was also a priest in similarly outfitted gear, with 24 int in most sockets, and as they both had BoA gear, I assumed they had to have some standard. Our last party member was a hunter in pretty average gear.

This rated to be pretty easy, so we went in, and we started clearing. I found that I was pulling aggro pretty easily, and the warrior (prot), didn't even Taunt the mobs off me the first few times it happened. Even the healer pulled aggro with healing spells. It seems that this warrior rated to be pretty bad at AoE tanking. Naturally, not wanting to be an insufferable know-it-all, I didn't say anything, but I did check his recount. 4 Shield Slams over 7 or so pulls, a few Revenges, and Thunder Clap as his highest damage done skill. Still, I thought it was pretty ok, with the exception of the hunter (BM) who wasn't putting out much damage.
After we killed the first boss though, and wiped on the next trash overpull (by the warrior), the warrior suddenly remarked in party chat (this is non-verbatim, can't remember the exact words he said): [InsertHuntername], spec BM properly, and not have some scrubby spec. At this point, I inspected the hunter's spec, and sure enough, his talent points were a mess. However, it was extremely untactful and blunt and rude to say that directly to someone's face in the presence of other people. And, if you really want to criticise someone, please examine yourself first. You are hardly any more pro than that hunter from what I can see.

"Superior ability breeds superior ambition. When a group of people start thinking they're better than anybody else, the outcome is always the same."
You, my friend, are hardly superior, in more ways than one.

No comments: