Friday, October 9, 2009

Number theory

No, I'm not a math major, and this is just a little tidbit about warriors.
Based on my own calculations, the changes to Str and block in 3.2 effectively means that 1.5 Str is approximately required to gain 1 block value with a Protection spec. Should be a handy enough tidbit for those of you still scratching your heads over which pieces of gear to choose. Note that threat stats will never be as important as survival stats. More is always good, but it is not your primary concern. Remember: A dead tank can't tank.

On the DPS side, people have been asking me whether hit is better or crit is better. As always, I will refer them to the spreadsheet that has already been updated for 3.2.2, simply because stat weights change with different sets of gear. However, if you are that lazy, the short general answer is that yellow hit>crit>white hit.

Remember when I said that Execute spam wouldn't be viable again? I'm going to eat my words now, and tell you that for all intents and purposes, a 30 rage Execute (glyphed) every cooldown can provide for some very impressive numbers if there's enough rage to fuel the warrior. All you have to do, is to queue Heroic Strike along with Executing every global cooldown, and watch the numbers fly. Throw in a few Whirlwinds, and you're all set for sub-20% boss DPS.

No comments: