Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Lousy PC

For those of you who know me personally, you will find that I have emphasized the same thing over and over again. For those who don't, I will tell you that I rarely step into 25-man raids, because my system is 5 years old and going into a 25-man just gives me 1-2 FPS, so I avoid those like the plague, and even 10-mans sometimes bring me down below 10 FPS, which is why I keep saying I need cash to get a new PC. Donations, anyone?

Still, it isn't so bad, I still can do some short ones now and then. But, there was a PuG in trade channel LFM for people for Sarth +3D, and Z wanted to go, so I thought, might as well give it a try, right? The raid was led by someone who had led a similar raid in which a friend of mine got his Twilight Vanquisher title, so I thought it wasn't going to be a big problem. This particular guy, a new recruit in Z's guild, seemed pretty friendly and all. So, we go in, (I was supposed to tank the drakes), first attempt was horrible, people dying to void zones and firewalls, same for the second attempt. I did warn them that I was having 2 FPS, and so would eat a firewall once in 2 attempts or something like that. However, there was one particular attempt in which I ate 3 firewalls, leading someone to comment that I "failed so hard", this coming from the shaman who died twice to firewall on the next attempt. Subsequently, said raid leader was saying to me something along the lines of "last try for you, ok?" So, not realizing what it meant, I said "OK", and not surprisingly, we wipe again the next attempt, probably because a firewall killed some healers and the main tank died. So, after zoning in again, I get removed from the raid group.

Nope, no warning, no "would you like to switch to DPS instead", no "I'm sorry but I'll have to replace you", just a boot. Oh, so now you boot me after 1 fail attempt, but not the shaman that died twice to firewall, or the prot pally that accidentally mistaunted Sarth, wiping the raid in an earlier attempt, or the healer that is doing 1k HPS, or the person that keeps dying to void zones, or the 10+ other DPSers who are not putting out 4k+ DPS on the drakes that I actually manage to hold onto me all those times? Yep, full of win.
I will never admit I'm good (I'm not), but I'm not half bad either. Who cares about you, eh?
-end rant


On a side note, I will defy you, the reader, to find someone with a PC as bad as mine and still be able to perform reasonably well in 10-man raids.

No comments: